Sunday, October 12, 2014

Catching up!


I have been a busy bee the past few months! Hence the lack of posts.. Now that things have settled down a bit I will be posting much more often! Here's a catch up


The first of the excitement was in July. I moved to Chicago to attend The French Pastry School!

                                                                    -Class Photo-

                                                     
I have been learning so much and having an absolutely amazing time. Man! things are going by fast! It's crazy to think that I only have three modules left before completing the L’Art de la Pâtisserie program. After which,  I will be a Pastry Chef. I am following up with the L’Art du Gâteau program.

Here are photos of the modules I've done so far- from the beginning 



Entremet- Pithivier, Chocolate Hazelnut Cake (or Wold Cup Cake), Nougat Mousse Cake and Raspberry Silk Cake. I have to say I absolutely love making the Pithivier and the puff pastry for it!



Wedding Cakes- I made my first "dummy" cake, gum paste flowers and Croquembouche



Tarts- Chocolate Tart with Almond Nougatine, Mille Feuille, Lemon Custard, Pistachio Strawberry and Lemon Cream



Chocolate Candies- Columbian, Earl Grey, Peanut Butter Pave, Marzipan, Pistachio-Cinnamon Bonbon, Cointreau Caramel,  Gianduja, Hazelnut Trio, Rum Balls, Swiss Rocher, Buttermasse and Candied Almonds



Ice Cream and Sorbet- Chocolate-Caramel with Caramelized Hazelnut Dacquoise, Pineapple Surprise, Coconut - Blackberry - and Blood Orange Sorbets, Vacherin Glace, Caramel - Vanilla - Coffee - and Chocolate with Raspberry Coulis ice cream.




Chocolate Sculptures





Bread and Breakfast Pastries- Croissants, French Bread, Beer Bread, Assorted Fruit Danish, Farmer's Bread, Whole Wheat Bread, Toast Bread, Beignets, Lemon Pound Cake, Blueberry Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment